Weddings At BEST WESTERN Pery's Hotel Limerick
Wedding Hotel Limerick
Congratualtions on your engagement. Now it's time go to work and plan the wedding of your dreams. With a little preparaopm ( and a sense of Humor!) ther is no need to act like a bridezilla.
Here is a checklist to help you keep your sanity.
9-12 Months before the wedding
- Announce your engagement.
- Plan what type of wedding you want- formal, informal, day or evening, number of guests
- Choose a wedding date.
- Determine your budget- Discuss who is responsible for what expenses before making any plans. You should include your parents and future in-laws in this discussion. Remember to treat them with respect. Any money they provide is a gift!
- Make guest list - Don't forget to include your parents and future in-laws in this discussion.
- Speak to officiant- Priest, Minister, Rabbi, Justice of the Peace etc.
- Reserve your ceremony and Reception Sites.
6-9 Months Before Wedding
- Select Bridal Gown
- Choose your attendants- Maid/Matron of Honor, Best Man, Bridesmaids, Ushers, Flowergirls, and Ring Bearer
- Choose a Photographer
- Select bridesmaids dresses & accessories (Remember to be Kind and listen to their suggestions and concerns).
- Select a caterer (if needed)
- Hire a band or DJ
- Book your florist
- 4-5 Months Before Wedding
- Schedule fittings for yourself and attendants (don't forget your flower-girl)
- Reserve any rental items needed for ceremony and reception
- Finalize guest list
- Order Stationery - wedding invitations, thank you notes, and wedding programs
- Address invitations or hire a professional calligrapher
- Plan rehearsal dinner - set date, time and location. (This dinner is usually given by the grooms' parents.)
- Arrange for accommodations for out-of-town guests.
- Start planning honeymoon (Groom usually makes these arrangements after you BOTH decide where to go.) Don't forget to get any passports or travel documents you may need.
- Register for gifts.
- Purchase shoes and accessories (Remember to break your shoes in before the wedding)
2-3 Months Before Wedding
- Order wedding cake
- Order party favors
- Order all necessary decorations
- Book all transportation for wedding day (if necessary)
- Buy wedding rings
- Visit lawyer to write any necessary wills or prenuptial agreements
- Visit Civil Registrars office to confirm wedding details
5-8 Weeks Before Wedding
- Purchase gifts for wedding attendants
- Mail invitations (A map to assist your guests in finding the ceremony and reception sites is a nice idea).
- Visit hairstylist to determine what style you want for your hair. (Hint: Never change haircolor or change your style right before your wedding. Any changes should be made at least 3-4 weeks in advance).
- Have a formal wedding portrait taken
- Send wedding announcements to newspapers (if necessary)
- Reserve wedding attire for groom, ushers, ring bearer (Usually done by the groom).
- Mail invitations to rehearsal dinner (if necessary)
- Plan a bridesmaid luncheon
2-4 Weeks Before Wedding
- Confirm ceremony details with officiant
- Arrange final fittings for your gown and bridesmaids dresses
- Make final floral selections
- Finalize rehearsal dinner plans
- Confirm details with all service providers - It is a good idea to give them a written list of your wedding day timeline.
- Contact guests who have not yet responded to your invitation
- Pick up wedding rings
- Meet with your photographer to discuss special photos you want taken.
- Meet with your DJ or band to confirm the music you want played
- Remind all attendants (male & female) when to pick up their wedding attire.
- Purchase any special accessories or make-up you want your attendants to wear.
- Determine ceremony seating for any special guests (give the list to the ushers).
- Plan reception seating-write names on place cards.
- Hold On....Your Almost Done! Last Week
- Pick up wedding attire
- Figure final guest count and notify cater
- Arrange for get-a-way car from the reception
- Review the schedule of events and last minute arrangements with all service providers.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations
- Pack for your honeymoon
Take a Breath.....It's Finally Here....Your Wedding Day!!!!
Give rings to the best man and maid of honor (If no ring Bearer)
Give the best man money to pay the officiant after the ceremony
Relax and have fun!!! All your hard work and planning has paid off.